Thursday, July 2, 2009

It's Getting Better

I moved into my new house one Sunday. There's still a ton of work to be done, like painting, insulating, dry-walling, and setting up my to-scale-model of Bilbo Baggins' Hobbit hole.



I played a show last Friday at the Kitty Cat Club in Minneapolis, MN for an AMBLEDOWN records showcase thingy. Ambledown is the record label I will be signing to and releasing the ep and the album on. There are lots of great bands on and affiliated with the label. I played with THE CLOUD HYMN and MERIDENE on Friday night and they were both great. Other bands on the label are, THE DAREDEVIL CHRISTOPHER WRIGHT, THE WARS OF 1812, THE GENTLE GUEST, and CRANES AND CROWS. AmbleDown is also a management firm and manages "the wonderful BON IVER" (have you seen that Jools Holland performance where Jools says that? I think it's funny.).

Anywho, here is a picture of the AmbleDown family, minus a couple disgruntled middle siblings and the disillusioned older brother.



And here is a video of me playing a Beatles cover at the Kitty Cat Club.



Tootles for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment